BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Carol Goodman

There are a few authors I keep an eye on because I consistently enjoy their books and Carol Goodman is one of them. One of the things I like most about her books is the way she interweaves historical information into them so even though I'm always entertained by the story, I also feel like I learn a little something. Her most recent endeavor, The Night Villa tells the story of UT Professor Sophie Chase who joins an expedition to uncover a villa in Herculaneum that was buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79. The story has a twist, as do all of her novels, involving a gunman, a sinister cult and an ex-boyfriend, which will leave you entertained and wanting more. If you enjoy this, I would also recommend her other novels, The Sonnet Lover, The Drowning Tree, The Ghost Orchid, The Seduction of Water, and The Lake
of Dead Languages
.

0 comments: