BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Favorite Book

I get asked this question a lot so I thought I'd get it out of the way early - my all time favorite book is Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With The Wind." I first read it when I was in 6th grade and have read it so many times since then, I've lost count. It's one of those books that I can read anytime, and can open the book to anywhere in the story, and just pick it up from there.

The movie, if that's all you know of the GWTW story, doesn't even come close to doing the story justice. The movie Scarlett is shallow, vain and self-centered and while that is true of the book as well, the book does an excellent job of also showcasing her strengths, which I don't think the movie addresses.

I won't rehash the story since most people know it, but I will encourage everyone to go out and read it. Even though it is a hefty book, it is more than worth the time.

Other info: 1,048 pages, hardcover and paperback versions available

0 comments: