BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

An offer you can’t refuse…

I finally got around to reading The Godfather by Mario Puzo and was amazed by how similar it is to the movie. It’s not often that a movie is so dedicated to remaining true to the book but this is definitely the exception. I won’t bore you all with too many details, since there probably aren’t very many people who haven’t seen The Godfather, but this is the story of Vito Corleone, his family, and his rise from Olive Oil salesman to Mafia Don. It’s a quick read, primarily because the story is so familiar, but even knowing what was going to happen didn’t lessen the enjoyment I got out of this book. Plus, it introduced me to Puzo, and I’m going to try to check out some of his other works. I suggest you start with The Godfather and then do the same.


0 comments: