BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Amazon Kindle

This won’t be my typical book write up review, instead I’ve decided to review my new Kindle. This is the type of device that I would swear was invented with me in mind. I love to read, and I read fact. Because of that, I always take several books with me on vacation so I won’t run out of good reading material. Unfortunately, that leads to a lot of extra weight in my baggage, especially for a long trip. Enter the Kindle – I got it for Christmas and while it won’t replace the library for everyday reading, it’s already making my life easier for travel. I can take 10 books along with me in the same space as just one! That to me is just amazing. The Kindle isn’t perfect though, it can take up to ½ second to turn the page; not a lot of time, no, but still noticable. Also you can’t share books on the Kindle, which is, in my opinoin, the biggest downside. From what I understand of the competition, the Nook from B&N allows lending of books – while you lend it out, you cannot read it. That is an acceptable compromise to me, sicne if I lent out a real book, I couldn’t read it either. I am really hopefully that Amazon will jump on that bandwagon sooner rather than later. That said, I don’t know if I’d buy one for myself – I love it, don’t get me wrong, but it’s still pretty pricey at $259. which is why I’m happy mine was a gift – all the goodness, none of the guilt. If you’re like me, definitely consider the investment, or get someone to invest in one for you.

0 comments: