BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Replay by Ken Grimwood

Doc Jensen, over at EW.com, suggested this book in one of his last Lost columns of the year, to help those of us who are obsessed with Lost pass the time until the new season starts in January. And since I’ve almost never met a book I didn’t like, I figured I’d check it out. Replay is the story of Jeff Winston, a radio journalist who dies of a heart attack at 43. that is, until he wakes up in his 18-year-old body and remembers everything that happened to him, up to, and including, his death. I know what you’re thinking – isn’t this Groundhog Day in book form? Well, yes and no. Yes, that’s the premise of the novel, but this allows Jeff to rediscover his life, to take advantage of his knowledge and try to change the future. I thought it was pretty enjoyable and I was able to read it pretty quickly. It’s not too sci-fi, there is a decent amount of character development and it’s a great way to spend a weekend.

0 comments: